Meet Confidential Transcriptions Director
My name is Marie Ribeiro. I have over 45 years of secretarial experience at executive level, in the legal, medical, commercial, education, IT and public and private sectors in New Zealand and overseas.
'Confidential Transcriptions LTD' was set up to provide a high quality, fast, accurate and reliable transcription and secretarial service to clients, whilst maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
I graduated from St Paul’s Convent School, Eton College, the Hong Kong School of Commerce and the Institute of Business Administration in Hong Kong and achieved School Certificate, Sixth Form Certificate and University Entrance (Accredited) and attained a distinction in English as a Second Language as well as received the highest award for achievement on completion of an intensive Dale Carnegie Course for Effective Speaking and Human Relations.
MY WORK HISTORY 1970 to 2012:
• Teacher of English, St Antonius Anglo-Chinese School, Hong Kong
• Secretary to Broadcast Manager, Ampex World Operations, S.A., Hong Kong
• Secretary to High School Principals, Hong Kong International School, Hong Kong
• Secretary to Import and Export Directors, UCM Group, Hong Kong
• Secretary to Manager, Morison Stoneham, Chartered Accountants, London, UK
• Audio Secretary, Arthur Young McClelland Moores & Co. Chartered Accountants, London, UK
• Secretary to Partner in Receiverships & Liquidations, Wilkinson Wilberfoss, Auckland, New Zealand
• Secretary to Senior Partner, Markham & Partners, Chartered Accountants, Wellington, New Zealand
• Legal Secretary, Hornblow Carran Kurta & Co, Wellington, New Zealand
• PA Secretary to NZ Bureau Manager Computer Consultants Ltd, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
• Legal Secretary, Olpherts, Solicitors, Wellington, New Zealand
• Executive Secretary, Angus Corporation, Petone, New Zealand
• Legal Secretary, Gillespie Young Watson, Solicitors, Lower Hutt, New Zealand
• Secretary to Chairman and Senior Tax Partner, Coopers & Lybrand, Wellington, New Zealand
• PA Secretary to Managing Director and General Manager, International Public Relations, Wellington, New Zealand
• Legal Secretary Sladden Cochrane & Co, Solicitors, Wellington, New Zealand
• Secretary/Sole Charge Office Administrator, David Feehan, Tax Practitioner, Wellington, New Zealand
• Senior Legal Secretary/PA (5 years) Buddle Findlay, Solicitors, Wellington, New Zealand
• Sole Charge PA to Con Anastasiou, Barrister & Solicitor, Wellington, New Zealand
• Trademark and Litigation Secretary, A J Park, Patent Attorneys & Intellectual Property Lawyers, Wellington, New Zealand
Organizations where I temped:
• Phillips Nicholson, Solicitors
• National History Unit
• Book Publishers Assn
• Government Computing Service
• Public Trust Office
• Department of Mäori Affairs/Iwi Transition Agency
• Tripe Matthews & Feist, Solicitors
• Kensington Swan, Solicitors
• New Zealand Railways, Cargoflow
• Department of Health
• Ernst & Young, Chartered Accountants
• Ian Hay Barrister & Solicitor
Clients who have used my service:
• Medical Practitioners
• Health Practitioners
• Government Departments
• Management Consultants
• Property Developers
• Private Companies
• Private Individuals
• Writers and Journalists
• Tertiary and Post-Graduates
N.B. For the sake of confidentiality, the names of my clients cannot be provided here, however a reference can be provided on specific request.
I have a strong secretarial background with excellent written and oral communication skills, report writing skills, the ability to organise, independence, self discipline, research and analytical skills, administrative skills, am able to perform well under pressure and responsive to learning new skills. I am also multilingual - besides English, I speak Cantonese, Portuguese and French.
Web design, website building, tutoring, mentoring and training. From early 2007 I started to build affordable websites for others, and teach them how to use their websites, through Amethyst Sky Web Design
I love working and take pride in what I do. I have a very high command of the English language, therefore literary skills. I enjoy helping others, and have inspired many others to stretch themselves to achieve their full potential. I have travelled extensively worldwide, throughout Asia, the UK, Europe and the United States of America, and lived in many countries, and have settled in Aotearoa New Zealand for the last 40 years. Privileged for the opportunities in my life to make a difference and meet a wide range of people, I would say I am a positive and enthusiastic person and believe that nothing is impossible with the right attitude. Out of some adversities in my life, I began to work for myself bit by bit since 2002 so that by 2005 I became fully self-employed. And it's very heartening to note that among my many excellent references over the years, some grateful employer wrote: "Marie is one of the hardest working persons I know, ...and her integrity is beyond reproach"
Please contact me
to discuss your requirements.